Thursday, October 31, 2013

test drive.

Most of the things I write in this blog, I write believing that no one will ever really read it. Unless they want the URL shikshin for their blogspot, in which case, tough luck! But anyway, this is one of those instances.

I have a presentation on the cardiovascular system coming up and after doing some research, I came across a particular syndrome that I found alarmingly similar to symptoms I have experienced almost too often to be good.  It's called stress cardiomyopathy - but also known as the broken heart syndrome.  Basically with this condition, people experience symptoms not unlike that of a heart attack - difficulty breathing, chest pain, and arm aches (which are the worst for me).  The thing is though, it's a condition they've just become aware of so there isn't much information on it - according to the web, which I will take with a grain of salt, of course - and apparently it's not supposed to occur over and over again.

But I've been dealing with these symptoms for a while now.  My arms feel like they're getting jammed as if something is seriously wrong with them, I have to take deep breaths because I have difficulty breathing easily (something I'm going through even as I type this right now) ... it's amazing, how much the mind can influence your body into jolting into reactions.  

But even scarier, is the thought that I'm still stressing myself out without realizing it.  I thought this was something I'd leave behind me in university, but apparently not. Does this mean my heart muscle is weak enough to succumb every time I have an overwhelming amount of stress?  Should I tell my parents? Haha.........


Anyway, I've been listening to this quite a bit. I love soundtracks.


Edit: Having parents who are so wise and mature and gracious and faithful in their beliefs is the most humbling thing ever. Just lying in their bed, getting petted by my mom as I was listening to what she had to say was a huge blessing. I'm so utterly grateful to have such parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment