Sunday, October 27, 2013

looking for yourself.

I think there's a lot to be said in the way that I find solitude to be the most reassuring, most calming... most comfortable state of being that I can be in.  It really is like putting on a mask for the day, a corset to hold in and tighten up all the doubts and insecurities, before heading out and socializing for a few hours.

Don't get me wrong - I love being with people and laughing with them and learning about them, but every time I come home afterwards, I have to kind of ... recharge. And sometimes it takes me longer than just a few hours. Sometimes the exhaustion is to the point where I want to sleep for a few months and cease all interactions with people for that period of time.

Oldie, but a goodie that I find relevant to my mood. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment