Wednesday, December 25, 2013

twenty four.

pardon me while i write terribly corny and painfully mushy blog entries - i.e. the last two. i've decided that even if i cringe as i write these down, i won't ever get proper writing and expressing practice if i just shut myself down because i'm afraid that "it sounds dumb." that's no way to get better, right?

anyway, getting better at writing is just one of my many goals for 2014 - a few of which I've listed below~


  • write more, even if it's not a feel good moment, even if all i'm feeling is rage.
  • read more, seriously. maybe check out a library book once every month at least.
    • basic list of books i want to read: the night circus, love in the time of cholera, world war z, the hunger games series (maybe?)
  • go on at least one date - if you're wondering why this is on there.. i haven't been on a date since sophomore year of high school. (if i can actually get a boyfriend, that would be even better. but i'm not one to set ridiculously high expectations for myself in that department.)
  • learn how to cook at least three more dishes.
  • remember to jot down all the good things that happen and put it in my "2014 Jar of Good".
  • try not to spend so much money on cosmetics and use all the products I have.
  • utilize my camera more and take lots of pictures, if only for personal enjoyment.
  • speak out rashly less. 
  • read the entire Bible at least once. 
  • do my best to serve my church community as well as I can - of course, this sounds easy, but when there's a language barrier and cultural differences, I'll have to anticipate a lot more conflict? plus, if i can actually make good friends there, that'd be nice. hopefully serving as part of the Welcoming Committee will help me gain more people skills, learn more about the Korean mindset, and put me in a position to befriend many people.

No comments:

Post a Comment